I love India, am fiercely proud of our culture, traditions, Indianness, etc. etc. On this aspect, I can variously be described as a patriot, a conservative, a racist, a bigot, an ignoramus or whatever you may. I care shit all...
I love the notion of India being the hotbed and the sole reservoir/custodian of all the wisdom ever discovered by mankind and that we had already done all that discovery some five thousand years (or it was ten thousand!) back!
... And of all that wisdom that we have brought forth for the service of Mankind, I am most impressed by Yoga and Ayurved, which is the reason I have great respect for our rishis, sadhus and babas, ancient and new, who carry all this wisdom within the folds of their curious but I am sure, very comfortable robes...
Which brings me to a certain babaji who, inspite of a fierce/scary face adorned by a crooked (misproportioned/disproportioned/squinted/whatever) eye, is undobtedly the biggest poster boy for the reinvention, rejuvination and redemption of Yoga among the teeming masses of India and who, therefore, deserves every bit and byte of media space that he is getting for this immense and sacred service that he is doing to the nation. Kudos to him and blessed be the Hand of God who, in His love for the humankind, sent this massiah forth to the crying Earth.
Honestly, my feeling for the Babaji is a heady concoction of awe, admiration and envy, and so I have resolved that I will also start my interpretation and commentary on Yoga and ancient Indian scriptures and broadcast it across all TV channels and any other media as may get my fancy. I know you may naively ask who am I to make such comments? Am I an authority on the subject of Yoga? Why will I get the media attention, or anybody's attention for that matter? Who cares what I have to say on Yoga....
Thats where you are wrong my friend. And Babaji, God be Blessed for his existence among us, has demonstrated this fine point extremely well. Willy-nilly, it is the fierceness of mannerism and a vitriolic articulation of your perspective which will take you far not the inanities of expertise and credentials.
Taking my cue, if Babaji can so easily and assertively transgress outside his areas of Yoga and Ayurved, and so eloquently comment on such diverse subjects as Bollywood ladies in lipstick, homosexuality, aerated drinks, swine flu, modern medicine, etc. etc. etc. and expect to be listened to, then who has the bloody right to gag me??? %%$$&*#!!
On that note... Bachna ae kameeno, lo main aa gaya...

Nice introduction. The pun and sarcasm is incorrigible and choice of words immaculate. The title raises expectations and one wants to read a more brash and in-your-face content.
ReplyDeleteBTW, you can share this on FB too and also change the settings to send an email to your friends whenever you post something new on the blog (in case you didn't know it already).